Radio Silence

It's June! Already. And I haven't updated here since March, wow. I keep meaning to update, and then something comes up, and I forget again. Repeat as necessary.

I've been busy outside, though; planting the garden and such; spring is my busiest time of year, after all. And although we've not yet planted Mom and Dad's garden, that's next on the list, along with picking currants and raspberries, since they are beginning to ripen.

So pretty much the rest of June will also be busy. And it will probably be a while before I update again.

I've also been busy writing the third book in the Abby Duncan series; it's going well in fits and starts; some days I don't have time to write, and I have to accept that, nowadays. I've begun to accept the realization that I really and honestly cannot do everything I am interested in or want to do, because there aren't enough hours in the day. But that also means I can pick and choose what to spend my 'spare' time on, and discard what I'm well-and-truly not interested in after all.

My intention was to post auctions on ebay (pick-up only ones) this week while I was off, but that didn't happen; I spent the first two days of my vacation recovering from a cold and the rest of the week catching up from the week before. But I'll get them posted eventually; there's no fixed timeline, after all, and every little bit I clear out helps shed light on what remains.

I'll get there.

But I did deep clean and rearrange my bedroom while I was off, and now it's not only an easier space to clean, it feels more open and less cluttered, as well. There are still plenty of spots for the cats to sleep (my bed included) but there's nothing left under my bed; and while I didn't go through everything under there and some of it can probably be tossed, it's safely stowed at the very top of my wardrobe where I need a ladder to access anyway, and where it's up and out of the way.

The garden is coming along nicely; everything is planted, and I have more raised beds out back this year. We'll see how it goes, but so far it's shaping up to be a pretty good garden year, even though it's been wet and damp so far.

I don't want to go back to work tomorrow, but alas; I don't have the luxury of a real choice in that matter. And so it goes.

Comments

Popular Posts