Not that many years ago, I updated this blog almost every day.

It's more that I felt I had to have a record that I was actually accomplishing something in my life, however small, and a a record of the weather, the garden, and my life in general. Not necessarily for an audience, but more for me to go back and read later.

Ah, I'd be able to say, I planted the black currant bush in 2007, and that was the year of the drought. I lost everything I planted except one black currant bush, which is still growing nicely in 2016.

And then, in the midst of the office moving and the budget crunch and trying to keep things afloat around here, I started posting less. I didn't want to unburden all my fears and concerns on this blog, because this is, after all, public record. And, for a little while, that's pretty much all I had--fears and concerns.

And then I shut off my home internet for a year and a half and only used my phone. And typing a blog post on my phone just wasn't going to work very well. (My netbook still had internet capabilities back then, but the hotspot on my phone isn't fast on good days.) When I hooked the internet back up, I'd rather fallen out of the habit of updating every day. Or even every week. Every once in a while, I'd think that I should document this or that, but then it doesn't happen and I move on.

I'm not abandoning this blog, but I will be posting less often, even now. I'm just not online enough to keep it up, and I kind of like it that way. That may change, someday, but for now, it is what it is, and I'm happy with that.

Comments

Popular Posts