Last night I managed to sew all the arms. Tonight I'm working on the legs. I'm not getting very far--I'm kind of tired tonight. And I might end up going to bed early.

My sewing machine is in the shop. I took it today--and will spend far too much money if it's fixable, or if they can find the squeak at all. I am contemplating buying another 'spare' at Goodwill, since I'm using my spare, which is a 1918 Singer portable. Since the treadle machine isn't functioning, that might be a good idea.

Of course, the guy at the sewing machine shop tried his best to tell me that mine wasn't worth fixing, and that these machines only last two or three years. He also tried to interest me in a new machine, something I'm not interested in at all. New sewing machines aren't very durable. Maybe that's what he was talking about.

Mine has a 25 year warranty, and it's 15 years old. Whatever. Maybe he was new and didn't know any better. I'm not an idiot, after all.

My second spare would need to have a free arm, however. I'm not sure I can find one of those at Goodwill. (Although I think there was one last week. Maybe it will still be there this week.)

Anyway, not much progress on the bear front.

But I did order 25 copies of The Ninth Guest Sunday night--and came home to find they had come today! Talk about fast shipping! The books look nice, too, although the print's a bit small for a YA book. That's my only 'complaint'.

Comments

Popular Posts