Elizabeth is off to her new home, and I have space in the loom room for the first time in four years. (Well, at the moment, both bikes and a mattress are in said space, but those have places to go.)

And boy, what space it is.

Originally, I had wanted to put my desk against that wall, because the desk I sit at would be perfect for that spot with a bookcase across the back. For obvious reasons (buying a floor loom, for one) that never happened. But now? Now... I could do that. I could put my desk over there, run my internet line over there, and the only issue is the fact that I'd have to have everything plugged into an extension cord. Is that a terrible thing? I'm not sure. Maybe. Maybe not.

Or, I could move the chest of drawers that holds some of my coned yarns and my collection of cotton warp, and I could put the bookcase on top of that. Or, I could do something else. There are lots of 'ors', actually.

The only drawback is that the only plug is where I'm sitting now. Hmm.

Or, I could transform these two rooms into one continuous living room. Move a comfy chair in here like I've always wanted to do. Combine studio space (for weaving and spinning) into both rooms. Something like that.

We'll see.

Oh, and we ended up taking her out the back door, after much discussing and some bad words on my part. It all worked out in the end, but I still have no clue how we got her in the side door in the first place. (It's a narrow door.) A very public thank you to Dad for coming to help!!

Comments

Grey Walker said…
Oh, hurray!

So long, Elizabeth! Hello, space possibilities! :)

Popular Posts