I'm making stew for lunches next week, using mostly root vegetables, including beets and radishes, and one bag of frozen vegetables to get them used up. It smells really good. Hopefully it will taste really good as well.

I had half-decided to go to the grocery and buy some meat for my stew, and perhaps carrots, but then I decided to make do with what I had, and I had more than I thought. (No meat, though, but that's okay.)

I'm also making honey whole wheat flax seed wheat germ bread. I made up the recipe, so we'll see how it turns out. It should definitely be interesting!

ETA: Stew--fabulously tasty. I might never eat radishes raw again. And the beets!! I bought them at the Amish Farmer's Market and they looked kind of woody, but after peeling, they cooked up great. I had a very yummy supper!

The bread is... interesting. I'll know more when I actually cut into it.

Comments

Grey Walker said…
I've never cooked radishes. I'll have to try.
Jennifer said…
They taste kind of like turnips, only not. It's hard to describe. I really, really like them cooked, though!

Popular Posts