Let's see--a small recap.

Capture was released on Wednesday! This is a must-read if you want to read the next Karen Montgomery story. This is my eighteenth book published, too!

The rummage sale was yesterday and today up at church. I ended up bringing home one quilt and a comforter, five bowls (four cereal bowls and one mixing bowl), a Pyrex casserole dish in my pattern (the Snowflake pattern), a couple of books, and a box full of Eagle pencils, leads, sharpening stuff, a tin can of pencils and pens I need to go through, and a bunch of other stuff, all pen-and-pencil related, including some ink as well. I also got a bag of clothing, including two zip up sweaters--boy, I'm glad I didn't use my online coupon from Old Navy to buy one brand new like I intended to do last week.  

And then today, Elinor went to her new home. I met her very nice new owner in Wilmington, where it was 45F outside, brrrr! I'm so glad I wasn't at the RenFaire today, let me tell you! I think Elinor will be a good wheel for her new owner. And I got to meet another Raveler, too, which was fun. :)

While there (I ended up getting there early, and she was running a little late) I decided to stop at the antique shop. There weren't any spinning wheels, but I did come away with four Bybee mugs (the short ones, they're useful for soup and suchlike), one small green bowl, and two stainless steel and copper mixing bowls that are very heavy duty bowls. They are in great shape, only need a little cleaning on the outside. I am curious if I find a maker's mark. I looked at the shop, but I didn't see one. They will be very useful.

With Elinor gone, that means I'm down to projects again and no wheels ready to go that I want to sell. So I'd best get cracking if I want to bring a wheel to Burlington for the last show. I have Fancy and the Mad Stamper wheel, both Saxonies. I could probably manage a Great Wheel, perhaps, although that would mean more parts, and I don't really have any parts at the moment that would work. (I need a wheel for one Great Wheel, for example.) Fancy needs a little sanding, some cleaning, and a new flyer, which means ebay. The Mad Stamper wheel needs a maiden and a flyer, which is a bit more work.

So we'll see what I can manage, since next week looks pretty busy too...

Comments

Grey Walker said…
Yay! I just bought Capture! :)

Popular Posts