Christmas went very well, I think; everyone seemed to like their gifts and there were a bunch of presents under the tree and wrapped around two sides of the room! We started opening presents around 1:30pm and didn't quit until around 6pm. Whew! (We take turns, though, and there's a lot of people to unwrap presents, so it takes us a while!)

I got something really cool--a hobby lathe! An actual honest-to-goodness lathe so I can make spindles and all sort of other things (rolling pins! Spinning wheel parts! Pens! Magic wands, haha!) It's still at Mom and Dad's at the moment, though, because it weighs almost 50lbs and I didn't want to kill myself trying to carry it over the snow last night. Obviously I have a lot of cleaning to do before I can set it up anywhere, too.

I also received a new hoe for my garden to replace the one I broke last year. I also got a gift card to Seed Savers Exchange, which will be nice for seeds for next year's garden.

My lovely sister Jess bought me this, which is like the cutest thing ever, and Bekah bought me a very pretty grey sweater that I know I will love. Em got me the toaster oven I wanted, so that when I want to just warm up a couple slices of pizza for supper or something, I don't have to warm up the whole oven to do so. Of course now I have to find space for it on my countertop, but I've been thinking about where to put one for a while now, so I'm sure I can come up with something.

I got some of the books on my list (good choices, too!) including The Painted Boy by Charles DeLint, which I started reading this morning. I got a new set of stacking cooling racks, since my old set are falling apart (because I use them so much), along with the usual lightbulbs, which I try to remember to ask for every year. :)

I got some DVDs as well--Alice, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, all of which I didn't own (and haven't even watched Alice yet; that will be my New Year's Eve movie, I think. And, I got the animated Wyrd Sisters/Soul Music (Terry Pratchett) that I've been wanting to watch for years. It's a shame Making Money isn't out on compatible DVD yet.

There were more fabulous presents as well, but I'm not going to list them all here, because this post is already too long.

But I do think that everyone liked the presents I go them as well--Ethan especially liked the digital camera, which was great! Elsa, of course, is just the right age that opening presents is fun, and Chase was in a good mood (and laughing) all evening long.

It was a long day, though, and I didn't get back until 7:30pm. And I unpacked the car and had two pieces of Bekah's yummy pumpkin bread, and pretty much went to bed.

Comments

Popular Posts