sadness always comes after joy, you know? I will say for the record that at least I was pre-warned this might happen, and I really appreciate the warning. But still. This sucks. :)

Because of printer problems, Cosmos Books will not be publishing The Tenth Ghost or Heart's Desire. They had to cut their list wayyy back, and unfortunately I was one of the cuts. Thus is the life of a small publisher, I'm afraid.

So, what did I do? did I mope around a bit because my plan just got shot to pieces? And I was doing so well, too. :)

actually, I remembered ROC was accepting email queries, so I dusted off the Heart's Desire query and sent it winging out into the ether. I have my doubt they'll take it; it's more a DAW book than anything, really, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try ROC first. I was rather proud of that query.

So... what to do about The Tenth Ghost... hmm. I *could* see if Sandy at Writers-Exchange wants to publish the print version as well... I really should, actually. I like the company, and I have a feeling the print version would sell better than the ebook is selling. Heck, since it's going to be a series, I might as well.

I will admit, selfishly, that I just wanted it out in hardback... *sniff* *g*

Okay, in reality, this doesn't put me back too far. I still have books on contract, and one out.

And after all, what good is the road if it's not a bit rocky in places, right?

Trying to be optimistic...

Jen

Comments

Popular Posts