This morning I walked downstairs to find that overnight, I had acquired a mysterious gray and tabby striped cat. She was sitting on the runner in the hallway, looking awfully pleased with herself.

She looks a lot like Cleome, except that Cleo has white where there now is gray.

And then I noticed the basement door was open. Aha!

I walked down into the basement, and saw black footprints all over the top of the freezer. Someone had a party in the crawl space last night, apparently.

The chain on the basement door has now been replaced by a hook and eye lock. The door now only opens an inch when the lock is engaged. I'd like to see them try to get through that!

(No wonder I slept alone last night!!)
Okay, it's a bit hard to see in the picture (she was hiding) but let me give you a picture from whem she first came here:



You can also see how much she has grown. Pretty soon, she will outgrow Pooh! Yikes! Two monster cats in one house!

It's going to take her a while to clean it all off. I'm almost tempted (almost!) to give her a bath. (If I had a pair of elbow-length leather gloves, I might, just.)

Comments

Popular Posts