I have the pieces for 8 hats cut out at the moment; all I have to do is sew them up. (I'm making two of each color if I possibly can; it's easier just to cut out to circles for the top part than one, so I figured I might as well.)

So far, a vintage 70s lilac, green and teal floral corduroy lined with jersey knit bright grass green (it works, honest!), a black and white plaid wool lined with black flannel, and a floral cotton upholstery fabric lined with dark green cashmere.

I can get really creative with this, I realize. This is not a bad thing. After all, I did want to use my sewing machine more this year... :)

And what a difference it makes with good scissors! The majority of the scissors I bought in the boxlot of the auction are really expensive scissors. I can't believe how much of a difference it makes to have good scissors vs. the cheap-o ones I had been using!

Comments

Popular Posts