I am to the end of the blackberries, but I'm also at the most difficult spot because I have vining honeysuckle (that came in with the tiger lilies) there as well. So I'm pulling as much of it out as I can.

I found a buckeye tree baby growing in the middle of my yard! I'm going to count that as luck, because I love buckeye trees. Now, all I really need is a mimosa tree and I would be happy.

Detour is 11,819 words long at the moment. I'm not getting any glimpses as to how long it will end up, but it's going well so far. It will definitely be longer than 20k, I'd think, but probably not a novel. Which is just fine with me, since these are supposed to be short.

I also moved my chair, and just sat for a while, enjoying the lovely weather.

My asparagus is still not up. I'm wondering if the blackberries somehow killed it?

Last night, in a not-very-smart attempt to start my little 'patio' I've been wanting to build right out the kitchen door, I moved a very large flat stone. About two inches thick and 16 inches across, I'd guess. And I overextended my right hand. This morning, it was pretty sore, but it feels only a little sore now. I think it will be ok. Also this morning I felt pretty nasty; my sinuses were not happy at all and neither was I. I drank one cup--one--of my Special Tea, and I've felt fine the rest of the day. Yay for Special Tea!

I really wanted mint tea to drink tonight, but alas, it's dark. I guess I could have gone outside anyway to pick some, but I decided against it. I'm drinking Tazo Zen instead.

And after the success of Elsa's hat (picture below) I've decided that I now know what I'm going to do with all the scrap fabric I have in my sewing room. Now, I just have to find time to make more...

Comments

Popular Posts