So the second Burlington was today. I'll be going to bed as soon as I finish typing this, 'cause I'm really, really tired.

There was a 50% chance of rain, but it didn't start raining until 2pm, so that was good. Still, the crowd--both dealers and buyers--was a bit sparse. I might have made $50; I forgot to count. I know I spent that much.

No spinning wheels, although there were one and a half spinning wheels there. $40 for a Great Wheel missing parts and covered in god-knows-what and half a Saxony wheel that honestly wasn't even good for parts is not low enough for me to bring another one home. (The Great Wheel's wheel was in good shape, but the table, legs, and everything else wasn't. The Saxony? Probably firewood, in truth, poor thing.)

I found one of my baskets with one long twisted handle for $5 (I've not seen this particular style yet, and this is another small basket; I have two now), a green Pigeon Forge Pottery cereal bowl and an orange shallow bowl of the same brand for $12, a vintage brass (?) Clarke tin whistle for $3, a small copper cup that is marked R N and might stand for Royal Navy, perhaps for $1, a bag of linens plus a hand-wrought aluminum dish for 12/$10 (the bag of linens included an entire linen tablecloth (hand embroidered) and six napkins for $1; they were in one bag together and thus counted for one item. Also, I finally found some curtains for my crank out kitchen window that don't look stupid as well. Among other items.), a wooden box from Dad for $5, a vintage vaguely Civil War style dress for $5 (It has a stain, but I thought it was worth $5 to see if I can get the stain out), a really nice antique satin (might be silk) skirt lined with wool (?!?!) for $5, and a set of three Pigeon River Pottery mixing bowls for $30, which was my splurge.

I didn't need the mixing bowls, but they retail for $70 for the set, so I think I got a good deal. And I'm going to sell some of my other mixing bowls that I don't use anyway.

I sold one rolling pin, my Griswold gem pan, a couple of cookbooks, one cane, and I think that's about it. I will have more next month, because I should be filling up boxes by then with stuff to sell.

Right now, though, I'm seriously tired, so I'm going to mosey on up to bed. Goodnight!

Comments

Unknown said…
Didn't you say earlier that you're tired of clutter? :)
Jennifer said…
Yep! Which is why I didn't bring home another orphan Great Wheel. ;)

If I can get the stain out, the dress is wearable and would come in handy. The cereal bowl I passed up last time; it was cheaper this time. The shallow bowl's for my support spindles. I can always use baskets. The linens; I haven't decided what to do with them yet. The mixing bowls are just really nice. I'm probably going to sell my one set of Pyrex mixing bowls I never use and replace them with these, which are the right sizes to be used often.

The copper cup is actually a Rum Measure, so it will go on ebay.

Popular Posts