So I have a copy of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, and I just finished up the last of my first batch of two-week old dough. I got home at 5:30pm this evening, and by 6:15pm, I had a finished, fresh from scratch pizza cooling on top of my stove.

I could get really spoiled with this stuff, let me tell you.

The book itself is also full of great recipes (I'm going to have to try their Challah recipe, because I try the Challah recipe from every cookbook) and variations on the plain old regular recipe that I got from The Splendid Table's website.

This is definitely going to be something I use quite a bit.

Case in point: When I bake for the bake sales/auctions, I tend to only end up with 14-16 loaves of bread, which is fine, but by making the dough ahead of time, I can have as many loaves of bread as containers I can fit in my fridge (each container would make 4 loaves), which would be four containers. So potentially, I could have 16 loaves of bread waiting in the fridge, and then I could easily do the special loaves (and maybe more of them, too!) and end up with more loaves of bread and not really kill myself baking all day long. This is very cool.

(Although I'll still have the issue of not being able to put more than four or five loaves of bread in my oven at the same time. But that's another thing entirely.)

Comments

Popular Posts