Finally, after years of searching, I found another pair of Earth Shoes sandals that weren't horrendously ugly or too terribly expensive, and might actually be good enough to replace my beloved Earth Shoes sandals whose soles are (yet again) starting to flap. (I've Gorilla glued them twice and the front is the problem.) I wore my poor Earth Shoes sandals to the auction on Saturday, and that's probably the only reason why I was still standing come Saturday night. I love my Earth Shoes sandals. :(

Hopefully the size I ordered will be correct! (I paid $20 for my original pair of Earth Shoes sandals, so I guess I've gotten my money's worth out of them.)

Since it's almost time for sandals and all (this week, definitely, since it will be 80 degrees Friday!) I've started a shoe inventory. I have a couple of pairs of shoes that I didn't wear this winter at all--those will be leaving. I have a couple of pairs of shoes that I bought and later didn't like--those will be leaving, too.

Last summer, I mostly wore my two pairs of suede Simple flip flops, which are very comfortable to my poor feet (because they mold themselves to your feet) and I will be wearing them again. I have my Merrell black sandals, which are still fine. I also have my Simple clogs, which I love and can be worn without socks. (And are a bit dressier than the flip flops, and I wore these in the wintertime too.) I have my moccasins, which are comfy but have no support, and my garden shoes, which are fake Crocs and a pair of Sloggers. And I have a pair of fake Birkenstocks, too. With my new Earth Shoes sandals, provided they fit, I should be fine. (I will glue my old Earth Shoes sandals again and wear them too.)

That sounds like a lot, but it's not as bad as it sounds, really. I tend to buy shoes to last pretty much forever--I've had the original Earth Shoe sandals since (I believe) 2003 or 2004. I've had the fake Birkenstocks for about 10 years. :)

So anyway, yay for warm weather-to-be and soon to be sockless feet!

Comments

Popular Posts