I picked quite a few tomatoes this evening, not enough to do anything with other than eat, but the tomatoes are loaded, so I'm not complaining. If the okra continues as it looks like it will, I will be inundated in about a week.

My beans are in full bloom. They aren't quite bearing enough to pick every other day, but that day is coming. My limas are also loaded.

I've been picking the blue corn (miniature) as I find ears to pick. It's not going to give me much. The corn at Mom and Dad's fell over and hasn't really come back up. We'll see if I get anything from it.

Peppers are also bearing well. I should have enough to put up this year, yay!

And my flowers--sunflowers, zinnias, and everything else--have started to bloom. My garden looks lovely right now, even with a few weeds.

The weather seems to have broken, at least for the time being. It's maybe 80 outside right now. It's actually supposed to get into the low 60s overnight. FINALLY!

So that means I have no excuse not to mow the hill or the backyard and/or work out in the yard itself, which badly needs some maintenance this time of year.

Comments

Grey Walker said…
Each of my bean plants has produced a maximum of five beans. I will try a different variety next year.

OTOH, I have some delicious onions, and I'm looking forward to potatos. :)

Popular Posts