I cleaned up my Ravelry groups yesterday, and in all honesty, there are more (on the third page of my tabs) that could go. I only really participate in one or two groups as it is, and I'm not sure I need to have a string of groups I'm a member of just sitting there, mouldering away.

This morning, so far, I've bitten the bullet and done something I've been waffling about for months. See, I have this pair of ankle boots that are really nice, but they were one of the ones that I should have returned, but didn't. They were kind of ankle boots with side elastic gussets, but I couldn't get them on my feet. Every time I walked past them (they were sitting on the upper staircase, so that was pretty often), I'd think, 'Hey, I should do something with those shoes. I could cut them down, perhaps, and make clogs out of them or something' (the design was simple (and they are Simple shoes) so it wouldn't be that difficult to do that.)

So yesterday, on one of my trips upstairs, I brought them downstairs and cleaned them off. Today, with the help of my carving knife (no fingers were cut in the making of this, I promise!) I made them into clogs. And you know what? They fit. And they don't look bad; I need to trim the edges a bit in a couple of spots, but they will work now, and I'll be able to wear them. For no additional cost. I'm quite pleased.

Scarecrows the rewrite is going well. It's over 17,000 words at the moment. I'm trying to decide what a certain character's motivations are in this. I know what she wants, and what she'll do to get what she wants, but I also know she's very, very careful. Once she makes her move, there will be no going back, and she realizes this, too.

I have more ebay stuff to mail today, so I'll be going to the PO later on. But for now, I'm going to continue cleaning for a little while, and then write a bit more over lunch.

This has been a fabulously restful week for me so far. I'm so glad I took off this week. While it's pretty impossible to get everything on my list completed in one week (without killing myself, and that wasn't the point), I'm confident I'll get pretty far. The house is starting to open up a bit. I like the cleared spaces. I like that I don't have to dodge things to get upstairs, or elsewhere. So far, the giving up clutter for Lent is working just fine. And it's the reminder that's doing it; I'll walk past something, and remind myself, and start to work on that pile or that stack or whatever.

Late last night, I had an idea for that awkward corner of the library. My goal is to make the former craft room a 'reading room'--aka--the upstairs library, because in all honesty, my fiction books do not all fit out in the hallway. So I'd decided to put my papasan couch in that room (once it's cleared out, and that's where I'll be going here shortly) along with the comfy pink chair, bookcases, the big oak desk, and some fabric storage (because all the fabric won't fit downstairs either.) But that left my papasan chair with no place, so I decided that there's no reason why one Great Wheel couldn't go upstairs in the reading room (Agatha) and I couldn't put my papasan chair in that corner of the library for Certain Kitties. And so I did.

I also put a lamp over there just in case the chair is ever empty (it hasn't been since I put it into place.) Since the dining room table is my ebay staging area, the library's not going to be perfectly neat and organized for a while, but that's okay with me. It was so nice yesterday to be able to pack everything up without jockeying for space with something else.

Once the actual clutter is gone, I will be going through the stuff that's already put away and sorting through that. This might stretch beyond Lent, in all honesty, because even if I work steadily, I might not get to the closets and cabinets, etc. But we'll see how this works out first. All I can do is move onward.

Comments

Popular Posts