I've been reading this and biting my tongue whenever certain colleagues start in on why this "war" is a good thing. I don't like war. I guess I'm a pacifist at heart; I don't believe that violence begets more violence. It's a hard stance to have, because it's so much easier to lash out at the people who infuriate me instead of removing the emotion from the argument and talking like civilized beings. Not many people can do that. (I can think of one in particular who never could.)

Life is too short to spend most of it angry at one person or another.

I'm not perfect. I fly off the handle on certain occassions. I tend to yell to be heard. I'm bossy. I don't like surprises. But I do try.

I've been thinking a lot lately, about professionalism, about careers, about life in general. :) Not all of it is heavy thinking, honest. I've also been enjoying the lovely weather we have at the moment, complete with a double rainbow in the midst of the storm last night. (Ethan's first rainbow!) I'm still not going to make any major changes until a year has passed, my bills are gone, and I'm settled more firmly on my path. Or whatever my path may be.

There is an essay lurking in the back of my mind, and I'm going to try to write it today and post it, since today is my day off. I'm also slated to clean half the office completely, so we'll see how that works. Also on my list is to write a one-page synopsis for Nine Lives and Three Wishes, which I'm now rereading. And to continue writing Full Moon. And enjoy the weather, take a bike ride or two, and maybe take some photos of the early spring flowers.

Last night, on our way to supper, the setting sun hit the trees in just the right way to illuminate the swelling buds. For a moment, it looked like fall again. The trees were red and orange and quite breathtaking to behold. But fall has passed, and that one short burst of color was not a harbringer of winter, but spring.

I think we might have made it. :)

Comments

Popular Posts