Some changes are in the wind.

Not large ones, just lifestyle ones. I'm getting sick and tired of not getting any writing done, for one. I'm also getting sick and tired of not being flexible enough--after thinking that I hadn't had to wear my wrist brace for months, I saved the vacuum cleaner from falling down the stairs on Saturday and woke up Sunday morning aching all over, including my wrist.

So. Not that I save the vacuum cleaner from falling down the stairs everyday, of course, but I'd like to wake up the next morning not feeling like death warmed over. (Part of the 'death warmed over' feeling is because I need a new mattress, which I won't be getting just yet. Soon, yes, but not until I can afford a good one.)

I've successfully thwarted this cold I've been trying to get for weeks by taking 2 vitamin c's every day, but I'd like to get rid of it permanently. It's getting irritating now, which doesn't bode well for my temper. (Of course, PMS is part of that problem, I think.)

But anyway. I'm in need of some changes, and while I know I'm not all that great at keeping resolutions, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try again.

Here are my resolutions:

1. I will accept that anything I want to get done in the house will take twice as long (or longer) than expected. (Namely the dining room and my office.)

2. I will do the fifteen-minute yoga/stretching/pilates (my choice) program once a day. Period. Just once a day. Surely I can spare 15 minutes, dammit.

3. If it's nice outside and light outside, I will take Mabel on a walk around the block.

4. I will write every day. I will edit at least for an hour on weekends, or until the backlog is gone. BIC, everyone.

5. I will clean out the litterboxes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays.

6. I will make a concentrated effort to clean the dining room and organize my office.

7. Either Bekah or I will sweep the kitchen and entry room floor every weekend. (I'm okay on that so far.)

8. I will remember my resolution to "BUY NOTHING" I don't really need. (or won't resell.)

9. I will post stuff on ebay and try to get rid of the stuff I no longer want.

10. I will edit and submit everything in my backlog (and finish some of them) by December 31.

11. I will not beat myself up for taking a day/evening/morning/afternoon off and spending time with my dog, sleeping with the cats, or just reading for pleasure. On occassion.

12. I will finish Scarecrows and Ladybug, Ladybug. I will submit the Second Coming cycle.

13. I will make UrbanFae dolls and sell them on ebay.

14. I will finally make myself that cloak I've been promising myself for five years. (And I've had the fabric for five years!)

15. I will research less crass means of promoting myself and my books than what I've already read and do not agree with or like.

16. I will volunteer at a shelter or rescue. (Already have--it's pending approval, I guess. More on that later.)

This list is subject to change, revision, and addition. I'm sure I'll think of more to add as time goes on, and some things on the list might end up not mattering. Who knows? But at least I have something in writing now.

Comments

Popular Posts