No auctions tonight, because I will be busy shipping stuff next week and don't need any more stuff to ship. So what I had for this evening will be posted Sunday evening, which will work just fine.

I have to share a picture:

My Macadamia Nut spindle.


As you can see, I'm doing much better on the consistency.


I bought the spindle from 3GWoodworks on etsy, along with the Redwood spindle and a Buckeye spindle too (there is a deal going on where if you buy two, you get one for $1, which is really reasonable.) I am having a lot of fun with all three of them, but this one is just perfect. It's small and light and wow, can I spin yarn with it!

In fact, I am in the process of clearing off all the spindles that I've been playing on, plying the yarn together, and making little skeins of yarn with my makeshift niddy noddy (although I have ordered a real niddy noddy, so that's good too) because I am getting so much better at consistency.

I will be making some auburn doll hair, however, because I have fiber of the right color and because that's my favorite shade of hair and it will make me happy. :)

Also! I realized today that it's almost March! That means... it's almost time to plant potatoes! Yikes! And I need to start my sweet potatoes, and check the garlic for an early spring planting, since I didn't get it out last fall. It's almost spring!


PS: And I spun my very first yarn one month and six days ago. I think I'm progressing quite nicely!

Comments

Unknown said…
Glad to see that you like the spindle. Thanks for the reference to our special and Etsy store. Your second Macadamia Nut spindle and the others are on the way to a new home.
Grey Walker said…
You really are making good progress.
Jennifer said…
It really wasn't as hard as i thought it would be!

Popular Posts