Some pictures, as I'm sorting:

First, my original intention with spinning was to make doll hair that I could use for my dolls.
I didn't want to waste the hair-colored fiber I had, so I used some pink. I fulled it, and voila!
You wouldn't believe how many people I've asked to replicate this yarn, and how many people have not been able to recreate it. And yet it took me all of five minutes... Success!


This is actually the organized spinning corner.
The brown basket holds fiber, and so does the big box.
The small box is my make-do lazy kate.
My spindles are all nice and orderly, and I have a cleaned off chair to sit in!


My spindles.
Seriously, all but six are homemade by me.


The spindles again, showing how I'm storing my bottom-whorl spindle, which works nicely.
(The Turkish spindle is a little trickier; it's behind the front row currently.)


I've been experimenting with bottom-whorl spindles using beads and vintage bone crochet hooks. I have two of these, and they work quite well, but only for very fine spinning, of course.


I made a vessel cover out of my first handspun; I can poke the button spindles through the stitches and they can stand up when not in use. Some of these button spindles are brand new and have not been tested yet. Some are really too light and I need to rework them a bit.


And then I had this idea. See, I have some wooden crochet hooks, and I was playing around, and I put a wooden spool of thread on a crochet hook and I tried it out, and--it works. Actually it works quite well. The only drawback is that when it gets too full, the yarn tends to slip.

Comments

Popular Posts