Finally went to see HP7.1 yesterday with Ethan. It was good; they (thankfully) cut a lot of the traipsing through the forest middle, but I think they could have cut a bit more. My one issue with it is that there was no real evidence of the movement of time, as in, I had no clue how long it had been since the wedding, etc. There didn't seem to be any big urgency throughout the movie. I'm not sure if it's because there's a second part, and that's where most of the action will be, or what. I mean, a goodly portion of the movie was scenery shots of the tent.

(Also, how did they have enough food for months? How were they keeping clean? Where was the bathroom? But I digress.)

And why is everyone so dirty to begin with? But that's just me.

I wanted to see it before Christmas, at least, so I succeeded in that respect. And I'm curious to see how the last movie will be as well.

Otherwise, I was gone from 12pm-9pm yesterday, so I have a lot to accomplish today.

Comments

Grey Walker said…
I always wonder how they eat and keep clean and stuff like that.

When I was a kid, I wondered how the Beavers in The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe managed to have onions and things, if it had been winter for 100 years.

Popular Posts