Adventures in... Pressure Cooking.

So, I have a pressure cooker. It's a Cuisinart 6qt. Quiet Pressure Cooker/Steamer. (Non-electric.) It came to me via an auction of household/kitchen goods--one of those semi-truck auctions. It was new, out of the box, but did not come with the manual, so I ended up getting cold feet about actually using it and it has been on my laundry room shelves ever since. And ever since was... 2007.

Today, I got it down, dusted it off, read my pressure cooker cookbooks for pointers, and decided to give it a try. Well... it works. I have to get used to the release for the lid, since I've gotten it stuck twice already, but I think that was user error more than anything.

I successfully made rice in my pressure cooker, yay!

I will have to try a more complicated recipe soon.

Comments

Popular Posts