Here is my blue desk.

 
Up there's an old picture of my blue desk. The one Dad and I carried downstairs in 2010, and that I moved into the library in 2011. The one I'm typing at right now. (It still doesn't have the drawers; they are still upstairs.) The one that I've been waffling over, around, and sideways, trying to get it to fit into a better place in the library.

It's not a big desk. It's only 40 inches wide. And the cubbyholes are what I like about this desk, because they can hold all sorts of things, and almost always do.

However... I'm a bit torn.

See, here's my dilemma:

--I'm pretty sure that the next computer I buy will not be a desktop.

--Therefore, the reason for me to have a dedicated desk close to a plug becomes rather... useless.

--However, the whole point of moving my desk into the library was to have a dedicated writing space in the library.

--However, does that dedicated writing space have to be this particular desk?

--However, I have written many novels and stories at this desk. So, sentimental value, there.

--However, I am running into the problem of the Other Organ. See, I like the OO, and I like where it sits. It looks nice there. But that's where I want to put my desk. However, the OO won't really fit anywhere else. And it's not really worth much of anything, since it doesn't work. It's just a really wide piece of furniture that looks nice in my library, really.

--However, I also don't use this desk to its potential, cubbyhole-wise. Seriously, the cubbyholes are packed with not a lot writing-related, mostly just 'stick this somewhere' related stuff.

--However, if I move this desk into the Green Room (which is becoming the studio), there's really no room for it unless I give up my workbench, and I really like my workbench.

--However, both my blue desk and my workbench are blue, and they would look so nice together. But they won't fit in the same spot, either.

--However, I really think I'm overthinking this a bit. And that's why the library has not been rearranged/put back together. And that's also why the cookbooks are now back on the shelves in the kitchen.

--However, if I moved this desk somewhere else, and moved my smaller (well, by one inch wide) walnut table into the library, it could become my "desk."

--However, for that matter, the dining room table could become my "desk" too, so.

--However, ARGH.

(And you may wonder why I never get anything done around here...)

Comments

Popular Posts