Obviously the bed did not collapse. It was quite comfy, actually!

Today, I left early to help Mom and Dad in their garden, but it had rained overnight (we got about 2 inches here, they didn't get as much) and it was raining when I got there, so after sorting some paper for mulching, we decided to go to an auction in Wilmington...

...where I found a lovely green Schwinn Breeze DeLuxe that was made in February of 1968 according to the Schwinn serial number websites. (They were made from 1968-1972, so mine is an early one!)

Some of you might know that I've always wanted a blue or green Schwinn bicycle; blue had been my preference, but only because I'd never actually seen a green one in person. Well, it's a sage green color, which is my absolute favorite color, three-speed, and looks like this, only with a black seat.


So that means my 10-speed Cinnamon brown Schwinn Suburban will be for sale.


After we left the auction, we were going to go eat lunch when we saw the sign for the Banana Split Festival, so Mom and I had banana splits for lunch. They were good! After that, we stopped at the local antique store, and then the Williamsburg Goodwill and then back home, and now I am home waiting for auctions to end (although I'm working on more to post at the moment too.)

I will be mulching the rest of the garden this evening unless it rains again, too.



ETA: I also bought a "Sun Pantry Oven Fruit Dryer", evidently from the early 1980s (I found an ad online.) It cost $29.99 in 1982!Link

Comments

Popular Posts