So on the way home from work today, I had a great idea for a challenge for Lent--to give up the internet. But then I thought of everything I'd have to do to prepare for 40 days without internet (stopping all my email mailing lists, is only one of them) and how many people I'd have to make sure had offline contact info (my publisher and certain friends) and I realized that I'd need a bit more time to prepare than one evening. So I've tabled that tentatively for next year.

I'm doing Buy Nothing Lent again this year, however. I'm also going to begin a Great Ebay Auction Posting, because I need to get rid of some clutter before I can move some stuff around, and ebay is currently the best way to do that right now. I'm not going to try to post one item a day or anything, although that's very tempting, but let's try 7-10 items a week until the end of Lent. That should make a dent.

One other thing I'm going to try is to not eat out at work for lunch nearly as much. I'm not going to say never, because there are some days that I might actually and honestly forget my lunch at home, for example, but I'm going to say no more than once a pay period, barring emergencies. That should save me a bit of money. :)

I'm looking forward to the challenge this year.

Comments

Popular Posts