My story dream from Monday is almost 10,000 words long. It also has a title--The Silence. It has been very interesting to write so far. I'm not quite sure what this means for A Glint of Silver, but I will say this: I've been writing AGoS for a very long time. Sometimes, I need a break, and I think The Silence is my break, at least for the moment. 

In other news, I had a thought the other day, one that I initially dismissed, since I had my doubts it could ever work. I've always wanted a window seat, and had planned to make one in the bay window before I found out about the radiator in the middle of it. ( This was before I moved in!) Over the years, that bay window has been host to quite a few "reading chairs" and also where my plants live in the wintertime. I'd been kicking around the idea of somehow moving the cough/bed into the library, but never could figure out a way to make it work until I thought about my bay window seat idea, and...

I initially discounted the idea because I didn't think the bay window was wide enough. I measured it tonight. It's over 90" at the widest part. 

The bed? 78 inches. And it would hang over the edge of the bay window by about a foot, but leave plenty of room for the door; on fact, it would fit right in the middle if my calculations are correct. 

I might just end up with my window seat after all!

In garden news, I picked my first two yellow cherry tomatoes from the potted plants, and everything looks great except for the peppers, which were eaten by something (not the deer, though.)

Comments

Popular Posts