Okay, so I lied. No update last night.

Just a mini-rant here... for ONCE in my lifetime, I'd like things to go right. I'd like to be able to make enough money on ebay to pay off the credit cards. I'd like to be able to get everything paid on time, every month, and have money left over. I'd like to be able to save up for things. And when I implement a very practical PLAN that involves selling on ebay to pay of stupid debts, I'd like FATE TO LET ME DO IT!! Argh.

Okay. Now that that is out of my system... well, it's not really, and the whole story would probably not bore you, but it's not something I feel inclined to write here. I'm just frustrated, and I need to let off some steam. :)

Let's see. Life news. To cut down on some stress and to attempt to get my life in order, I've gone on leave from my moderator position at Hollylisle.com. I'm in the process of making some major and minor life decisions, and I didn't feel that I could give enough time to being a moderator until some of the stress has gone out of my life. It was a hard decision, but I think the right one. I'm in the process of simplifying and reorganizing, and something had to go, if only for a little while.

Therefore, I'm only checking the site once a day. If anyone needs to speak with me, though, I'm available in email. :)

In addition to that, I've pretty much stopped reading most of my YahooGroups email, and I'm probably going to go on digest or unsub from most of the others. I can't spread myself thin enough to participate in everything, and until I have everything sorted out in my life, getting into long, drawn-out philosophical discussions with people is not going to help.

In other news, I implemented the new exercise plan yesterday. Walking from my front door to Cassady Ave. and back is one mile, and I'm going to walk it every day (weather permitting.) Although it was a bit nippy yesterday, I managed it, and while I think I would have done a lot better if I had just cut off my legs in the first place, I did walk the whole mile. *g* And found just how much out of shape I am truly in. By the time I got back to my front door, my left leg felt like it was on fire, but the right one was strangely... numb. (I think I went past the pain and came out the other side, there.) But, surprisingly, after a while, everything felt okay again. I'm just getting periodic twinges from my knees (especially my left one*) reminding me that they're present and not all that happy.

*The left knee thing comes from an old war wound, of course. *g* Okay, in all seriousness, it came from attempting to run away from our neighbor's mean dog. There were five of us, we had called the neighbors to make sure the dog was in her pen, and no one answered, so we figured we were safe. Imagine our surprise when the dog appears! Everyone turned and started to run. Someone fell on the bridge over the creek and I tried to hop around them, but I didn't make it. I twisted around and ended up on my back with my knee slammed against the side of the bridge (ouch!) Oh, and I lost a shoe and started screaming at the dog after my life flashed in front of my eyes and I realized we would all be killed if someone didn't do something. *g* Anyway, the knee hasn't been quite right since then. So we'll see how it feels once I do this for a while.

Let's see. In other news... AbNo is nearing completion. It's going extremely well. So well, in fact, that I'm expecting something to go wrong, but that's just my pessimistic nature coming to bear. I actually think it might end with a decent wordcount, say 65k or so. Last night I hit 59k, so it's a definite possibility. I might even (gasp!) get to 70k, and if I do, then I'll only have 15-20k to add to make it a decent sized novel. And I should be able to do that.

Okay. that's a large enough update, I think. I'll attempt to be more prompt with the updates from now on.

Comments

Popular Posts