For Mother's Day, we usually go to Frisch's because they give out coupons for free dinners. Some other local places do that as well, I think, but it's pretty traiditional to go to Frisch's. So anyway, this year, we went to Frisch's. Every female over the age of 18, whether or not they were actually mothers, got Mother's Day coupons.

But you know what? According to our waitress, Frisch's doesn't do a thing for Father's Day! That bothers me on more than one level. I mean, if you're going to honor one facet of society but not another, isn't that discrimination? Do they presume because fathers are guys that they wouldn't want a free meal?

I think that's stupid. I think the fathers of America should rise up and protest this unfair treatment. I think we should have Father's Day coupons. I think Father's Day should be just as important as Mother's Day, because if you come right down to it, you need both a mother and a father to have a child. You can't have one without the other, unless you go the scientific route.

I know, Father's Day isn't for a couple of weeks. But if your Dad's as hard to buy for as mine is, you'd best start looking now. And maybe, just maybe, some restaurant will wise up and start promoting Father's Day instead of shoving it into the corner where it has been (or so it seems) for many, many years.

Comments

Popular Posts