On the way home from writers group last night, after the review of my only short story, The Twa Sisters, I got the germ of the idea for the sequel. *sigh* Just what I need, another plot in my head.

But this one sounds interesting, at least. I'm not sure what the main character's name is, but here's the quote that haunted me the entire drive home: "Sometimes, the story behind the story is more interesting than the story itself."

She's a Storyfinder, of course, one of a small group of people who try to track down the origin of ballads and folktales. And she doesn't believe in magic. When she discovers the minstrel from The Twa Sisters and hears what he has to say, though... and with a little help from the ghost of the drowned girl, I think, she might just change her mind, just as he did, so many years before.

So there's the plot, I guess, all in one piece. I half-started it last night, but it's mostly backstory at the moment. I need to find out more about these characters before I actually write the story. And who knows? Maybe I'll be able to do a collection or something. :)

Of course, you know this means a whole new world, and that means I'm back to 'real' fantasy again. Ah well. I guess it was bound to happen sometime or another. There are worse things, after all.

This morning, the fog was so thick you could have stood on the streetcorner naked and no one would have noticed. And the traffic lights floated up through the fog like little UFOs. I seriously didn't see one until I was right on top of it. Definitely a morning to stay in bed, but alas, I did not.

I didn't write Trapped yesterday. Alan threw a wrench into my plot plans, and I have to try to figure out if this new wrinkle will work before I proceed. It's... weird. Really weird.

On the way to Middletown yesterday morning, I saw a sign on the back of a truck that made me laugh: "We specialize in quality body parts." No joke. I really wanted to call them to request a hand or something. lol.

Comments

Popular Posts