Well, I wrote up a long post on the Visor last night, since the computer was unavailable. I've been doing that a lot lately, it seems. :)

But this morning, I managed to get two things off my list: updating my webpage, and cleaning out my inbox. Yay me! Now off to write and plant the rest of my flowers/herbs/etc.

And I'm on vacation until Tuesday, btw. Or, rather, I'm flexing until Tuesday. I'm not actually taking any time off. I love flextime. :)

I will take this time to ask for prayers for my sister Jessica, who has something that the doctors can't seem to diagnose. They think it's mono, or something like mono, but they don't know for sure yet. And poor Jessica is walking around like a zombie, barely able to eat because her throat hurts so much. (She doesn't have strep.) But we're being nice to her and giving her soft foods to eat and hoping the doctors get the results of the latest blood test today.

Oh, and on a surreal note: my new job, which I started on Monday, is actually an Accountant/Examiner 2. For some reason, I had been reading the posting wrong, and I really didn't see the ant on the end of the word.

*blink*

I'm an accountant.

Eeeesh!

This bothers me on so many levels. It really does. I mean, it's not like I can't do the work; in fact, I had a relatively pleasant first three days. I learned a couple of things, even. But an accountant?!?!?!!! ME?!?!?!!!

The mind boggles.

I mean, I'm the girl who nearly failed geometry. Who couldn't do algebra to save her life. If someone had walked up to me when I first got this job and told me that I'd end up being an accountant before I was there for six months, I would have laughed at them. I mean, that's like... that's like... like President Bush quitting the presidency to become a dishwasher at McDonalds. No, really. It is.

But I guess stranger things have happened. And I'm not complaining about the raise. I will be able to pay my cc's off one month early now. :)

Comments

Popular Posts