Well, this Fourth of July was memorable just because of the awesome (meaning powerful, not necessarily cool) storm that swept through around 9pm or so, launching a patio umbrella over a rather tall hedge and making my entire extended family run for cover into my aunt's living room. (We barely fit.)

But it was a nice day, even with the storm. Lots of good food to eat, a very warm pool, and I didn't get burnt. Even Jess felt better. What else can I say?

But bad news this morning: I had intended to go to a coworker's yard sale this morning, but another coworker called me and told me that her house burned down last night! She lost everything, but managed to get her dogs out safely, and no one was badly hurt. This is especially bad because she has health problems to begin with. :( So please pray for her and her family. I'll definitely be thinking about them. :(

Comments

Popular Posts