Over 83k as of last night. I haven't written yet today because today was the first Burlington. I had $59 spending money and $10 in reserve. I came home with $14, so not bad.

For $10 I bought an old brass-topped cane that unscrews into four pieces. I've been wanting one like this so I can keep it in my car and not have a great honking walkingstick lying across the back. Although considering the one that's currently in the back of my car is my carjacker deterrent, I might just keep them both in the car. We'll see.

For $10 I also bought a cut-down mission-style oak desk, which was missing a drawer. Some idiot cut off the legs, so it's a coffee table now (or I get matching legs and a drawer off a beat-up identical desk and voila, I have a piece of furniture worth at least $275.)

For $18 I bought a piece of tree fungus that someone carved the head of a hippopotamus into. It's a conversation piece. What can I say? It's actually a very good carving, and I really like the color of the wood. (It's either burl or tree fungus. I can't decide.)

And for $16.50, I bought a blanket chest made of pine and painted a pale yellow. It's old, and in great condition. This is great, because this is what I was originally looking for to put at the foot of my bed. So I could switch out the chest and the Box, but I'm not sure yet if I really want to lug that box downstairs. It was hard enough to get it up to my room in the first place.

The desk and the chest are in Storage, of course. We had to rearrange a bit to get them in, but we succeeded. And I really can't buy anything else large unless I get rid of something else. I'm that much out of room.

Oh... and I have a line on a free piano, too. Which, if things go well, I might actually get, but not have to move until I move. That would be nice.

Comments

Popular Posts