I got a gift card to Macy's for my Christmas present yesterday, which meant that I spent way too much time on the Macy's website looking at stuff when I should have been asleep last night. I found a couple of possibilities, but now I have to make a decision. I'll probably write about it more on Plethora later on today.

Today I'm going to work on a few Christmas presents that I need to get finished--and I still have a long list of things to do. But I wanted to mention one thing that will hopefully save me some time; I have a typist now. :)

See, a while back I bought my sister Jessica a laptop, with the understanding that she would pay me back in increments. Which was fine. However, since she's really tight on money at the moment, we've worked out a bit of a trade. I have at least ten years of handwritten manuscripts (unpublishable, but also potentially good for my snippet blog) including my sprawling 24-notebook Dragonlance/Forgotten Realms takeoff (in my own world, of course.) Pretty much, you can tell what I was reading at the time when I wrote these things. And that's not a bad thing at all. :)

So anyway, Jessica has some extra time over winter break, and she's going to type in my books for me. (Hopefully in relatively proper manuscript format, but heck, I can fix that pretty easily either way.) That way, I'll have a second copy of my old stories, and I can--perhaps--prove to certain beginning writers that we all have to start somewhere.

I intend to have her type my very first novel, too. This is sooooo worth it to me, because the odds of me actually getting around to typing them in one day was pretty low on my list of things to do.

Comments

Popular Posts