Oh, lovely. Word is dead. I thought, for a moment, that I had lost the entirety of Full Moon, but Word Perfect opened it just fine. Nope, it's just Word that is DEAD. As a doornail.

I suppose it's about time to examine alternates, hmm?

(For what it's worth, I've been using Word 97 for years without any issues. I could reinstall, too, but this is irritating! And I'm not sure I have the disk/where the disk is at the moment, since I borrowed Dad's. Ok, I found it. Ha. I guess I'll reinstall and see what happens. So much for working on the cut and paste of Full Moon for the past hour, though!)

Lovely. I can't reinstall Word, because it says I don't have enough disk space. Which is a lie! ARGH.

So then I uninstall it, but the COA I have doesn't match the one it wants when I go to reinstall! What the heck?!


Edit: Okay, I give up. I downloaded Ywriter, but I don't have the time at the moment to learn something new. I guess I'm using WordPerfect for the duration, which is okay, I guess, because I can save my documents as .doc files anyway. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Comments

Popular Posts