Dear Mabel,

I am not kidding. If I have to kick your blanket* out of the way one more time, it's going in the garbage for good. And you can lay on the rugs. I have had it up to here with you always pushing it into the pathway, right in the doorway, or in my way in any way at all. When I want to walk through the door, I do not need to yell at you to move so I can do it. That's not very conductive for either of us.

Yelling does not help. Moving the blanket does not help. Screaming definitely only helps raise my blood pressure.

I swear. If I have to move it one more time, it's gone. And I won't give you another one.

No love,

Me.





*Mabel has a blanket. It's her blanket. She gets anxious and worried if Basil decides to sleep on it. But she will push it into the doorway and lie there, so when I want to go through the doorway, I can't. Or she'll push it right in the pathway through the room. Or into the kitchen doorway. Or wherever. It is so annoying to have to kick it out of the way when all I want to do is walk into the room or into the kitchen or wherever.

The only nice thing about this blanket is that it's relatively indestructible; she can chew on it to her heart's content and it still has no holes. I'm not sure what it's made out of, really. If she would leave it (and herself) on her pillow, I wouldn't have a problem.

ARGH. Dogs!

Comments

Popular Posts