Whew! Christmas was very fun, but I'm still tired this morning. At least the cats let me sleep until 8:30am.

We had a really nice lunch for Christmas with fabulous macaroni & cheese and honeybaked ham, among other things. Cherry pie, too! Yum! (I have a piece to eat this morning, too.)

I'm pretty sure all presents were well-received. :) Ethan got a Wii from his Mama and Matt, and he was really surprised. (he also got a basketball hoop from Mom and Dad, along with a bunch of LEGOs; he won't run out of legos anytime soon!) And I think he liked the hat I made him, too. I don't think he didn't like anything, so that's good.

Elsa also ended up with a lot of cute stuff. The knitted booties I bought for her did not fit, but oh well. The sheepskin ones did, so that was good. She got a lot of toys, but of course was more interested in tearing up tissue paper. :)

I had asked for a bread machine and/or gift cards towards a new one, because my old ancient bread machine has a stuck mechanism (which I have tried to unstick six ways to forever without any luck) and is unusable. I've been using my spare machine, but it has a bad sensor, and sometimes doesn't read that the bucket is in right when it's really in right, and thus won't work, which is kind of frustrating when you're trying to make it work--especially when it seems the problem is completely random. So.

Dad found me a bread machine at Goodwill. I would have preferred Goodwill to a new one anyway, but it's kind of hard to put on a Christmas list "I'd like a new-to-me bread machine with a digital display that isn't ten years old already, etc., etc." but he found one! Yay! I will try it out later today (I'm going to help clean up a bit for our last Christmas tomorrow), but it looks like a nice one. I found the manual online and it even has a 'jam' setting. :) Hopefully everything works out ok. It looks brand new. So I'm thinking about putting the ancient one on Freecycle along with the spare, just in case anyone is mechanically inclined to attempt to fix it, and just finding a new spare at Goodwill, too. Which I'm sure I could do.

I also got Terry Pratchett's new book, yay! And a book on Ohio trivia, which should be fun to read. I forgot to ask for Charles DeLint's new book (and I think I'm one behind, so I don't have two of his) for Christmas, but I have a Barnes & Noble giftcard for those, and I also got an Amazon giftcard too! Mom and Dad also gave me a giftcard to the Amish store, which is really nice, because I am almost out of some spices, not to mention cheese. :)

Jess found me a very pretty labradorite stone and made it into a pendant--which was perfect, since I was looking at labradorite pendants on etsy but didn't buy one. It's really pretty and just the right size. Emily bought me a pair of boots and Elsa got me socks and I also got socks from Mom and Jess--now I can get rid of some of the socks that never get worn, you know, the ones that are still in the sock drawer if you don't put away your clothes for a month like I sometimes do. I also received some tea from Jess' boyfriend Rick (Tazo tea, yum!) and he liked the hat I made him, too. Bekah bought me another sweater like the one she gave me last year (that I wear all the time) in a darker brown. Em got me two sweaters, too. They are all lighter sweaters, which is something I don't have a lot of. I have plenty of thick, heavy ones, but not many lighter ones at all!

So anyway, I'm off to help clean @ Mom and Dad's for tomorrow, and then I have to bake bread and do some laundry.

Comments

Popular Posts