Last night I actually put away all my clean clothes except two pairs of socks that are missing their mates (both Smartwool socks, so I have no doubt they are stuck inside a sweater somewhere; static is the only reason why I don't like wool socks, otherwise I love my Smartwool socks) and I also went through my socks and underwear, since I got so many of both for Christmas.

I ended up tossing nine pair of underwear and getting 'rid' of* sixteen pairs of socks. Some of the socks I have had since I was 14. I am not kidding!

The one thing I could use to buy are corduroys and maybe two pairs of nice jeans, since both pairs of nice jeans that I have are showing their age a bit. And my ancient pair of old jeans has just about given up the ghost. They are so worn that when I went to pull them on the other day, I ripped one of the belt loops off. Now that's good denim. (They are probably a dozen years old, because I bought them used in the first place.)

I am planning to head over to the Salvation Army store near work this week, just to see if I can find what I need.



*well, they went into the craft room because they are usable for other things, after all. And the ones I got 'rid of' were my old socks. The ones I don't care about, that I would be fine with if they were totally trashed for whatever reason. So I wasn't entirely happy to get rid of them all. But seriously, I've had some of these socks since I was 14. That's 21 years ago.

Comments

Popular Posts