I'm out in the garden this afternoon, with periodic breaks to check on the sourdough, which is just about ready for it's second rising. I'm making Sourdough French again; it's a simple recipe that has never failed (so far.)

Lunch will be the rest of the Lentil and Brown Rice soup with cornbread on top (yum!) and I have the makings for Chicken Noodle soup in the fridge for supper and later on. And then, I have to make a trip to the grocery store for chickpeas to make St. Lucy's Soup from the Twelve Months of Monastery Soups book (I really need to get an actual copy of that), among other things. I'm trying for two types of soup for next week's lunches/suppers. We'll see how the St. Lucy's Soup turns out.

Tonight I will post more auctions, and tomorrow I'm hoping to work out back, especially in the kitchen garden. I have great plans for the kitchen garden next year. 

Comments

Popular Posts