That reminds me. Had a dream.

I had decided to go for a walk in the woods, and when I got back to where we used to cross the creek, I found that the entire hillside had caved in and the mud had turned to quicksand because of the way it had been raining. I had jeans on, and my gym shoes, not quite the right shoes for wading through water, but I wanted to get to the other side. I tried to use a board to get to the other side, but it kept sinking in the mud and I couldn't find a spot to climb up. So I decided to go a bit downstream, cross there, and climb up the hill to get where I wanted to be.

At the top of the hill, there was what looked to be an old roof, caved in in places. It was quite large, and I could see stuff inside it. I wanted to get to the roof to uncover what was underneath, but I couldn't seem to manage to cross the creek! I ended up splashing across the creek a bit downstream, and getting my feet wet in the process.

And then, weird thing, I wasn't alone. There was a guy with me (have no idea who he was) and he was crouched beside me at the hole in the roof, helping me pull out what I saw within. There was Rookwood pottery, art glass, wedgewood, and all sorts of neat things packed away in what looked to be someone attic. I wondered if Dad would let me sell some of them on ebay to help get rid of the credit card bills. :)

We unpacked for a while, trying to figure out if there was a house under the hill, and my companion informed me that there had been an earthquake/landslide/something-or-other in 1931 (the year the stuff was packed up, I wanted to say December 15, 1931, but I'm not sure about the actual date, just the month and year.) and a lot of houses in the area were just abandoned, and this must have been one of the abandoned houses.

Full of antique, unbroken china and pottery, no less. :)

So I don't remember the end of the dream, just that part, and finding blue wedgewood bud vases, and yellow art glass, and other stuff that was all unbroken and really dusty. It was a cool dream.

*Note: I used to dream of finding extra rooms in our house, or a treasure trove of stuff in the dump behind our house, or Civil War dresses in secret closets in our house... you get the picture. Not quite sure what it means, but I can draw some interesting conclusions about it if I think hard enough. :)

Comments

Popular Posts