You just have to read this. Start at the beginning, and work your way through the year.

This is me. This is what I want to be. I have been telling myself and feeling this way for years!! She tells herself the same things I tell myself... it's almost spooky. But if you've ever considered living your dream, you have to read this. You'll be a better person for doing so, believe me. I've had tears in my eyes more than once, reading this.

I wish I had a marriage like hers. :)

-----------

Looking for apartments. Unfortunately, the one cool, interesting one didn't pan out; I'm not paying $420 a month for an apartment without A/C. Even though it was in a mansion built in 1840 and apartment #13. Even though. It was on the edge of the bad side of town anyway, so it probably wouldn't have worked out.

So I'm back to looking for places near work. I have three possibilities to drive past tomorrow, all within $325-395 a month. All within four miles of work. There are hundreds of apartments near work, actually, but it all depends. Most of them are too expensive, even for me. And I don't want to get around the bad parts of campus or anything, either. Basically, I'm looking for a nice part of town, not too large and not too small, off street parking, quiet, and a washer/dryer hookup. I think I'm going to be forced to abandon the washer/dryer hookup, but we shall see.

What I really wish is that I knew someone in the area who was looking for an apartment/townhouse and who would be willing to share rent/utilities with me. But I don't know anyone, so I have to go on my own.

One of the possibilities is 2.93 miles away from work, but the other way, towards campus. That might not be a bad thing, actually; I'm going to drive by and see. But it's a 1 bedroom with a living room that is 18'x24'. Plenty of room!! So we'll see. It's on the edge of Clintonville, and supposedly not a bad part of town. I think I'll drive by it tomorrow morning on my way to work and see.

See, the idea is the less I pay per month, the quicker I can get the credit cards paid off and my truck paid off. But what I really need to do is stop looking for apartments every night, and get to work packing stuff up to take to the storage compartment I'm getting this weekend. And post auctions. Lots of auctions.

I know what my problem is. I'm afraid to commit to leaving. I don't want to stay, but committing to leaving is a big step, and if I take that step, I know I'm not going to turn back. It's the exact same fear I have about submitting stuff, btw. I just have to bite the bullet and get over it.

I'm going to reread Fire and Water tonight. And see if it's really as bad as I think it is. Because if I strip everything else away, I'm a writer, and I've been neglecting my writing.

Chris went fishing with his buddy from work, on his buddy's new boat. A quote, "Unlike you, I have a social life."

Unbeknownst to him, I have a social life too. Mine's just not of this world...

Comments

Popular Posts