Spurred on by my success with the tabletop, I decided to go ahead and clean the working dropleaf last night. It took me another hour to scrape off glue and filth and icky stuff (and my fingernails will never look the same) but by the time I was done, it looked fabulous.

I did take pictures this time. Haven't put them up yet, but I'll try to do that tonight. The table's going to look great in my kitchen, though!

(The other side of the gateleg is broken, so we won't be using that dropleaf for the time being. I might clean it later, since it will be more difficult to clean while in a vertical position.)

I had to take a break from packing last night, and I'm glad I did. Of course, I didn't write either, but a clean table is a good thing. :)

Now if I could only get my fingernails completely clean...

It's so obviously shopping-for-Christmas season. Evidently, the average American spend $265 last weekend on Christmas gifts. That adds up to billions and billions of dollars, which is rather depressing.

Surely we don't need all this stuff we're buying. I mean, okay, if something breaks, perhaps, but if it's not broke, then why bother?

I have a coworker who is redoing her kitchen. All new everything, including cabinets, appliances, countertops, etc. So she brought in a list of stuff she wanted to sell (for exorbient prices.) Most of it is still for sale. (I didn't buy anything.) Did she really need to spend something akin to $20,000 redoing her kitchen? Hell no. Could that money have been spent more wisely? Of course. But she's selfish, and used to a certain 'quality' of life (I use that term loosely) and has more money than she knows what to do with.

That we all should have that problem is one of my lesser wishes.

The big Christmas machine is wound up in full force. Black Friday has passed, and people are still spending money. It will never end if the majority of America keeps the crowd mentality firmly in the forefront of their minds.

I am buying practical Christmas gifts this year. I'd tell you what I got my Dad, but he reads this on occassion, and I want it to be a surprise. I think he will like it, however, as long as they sprout. :)

I ordered myself Camellia sinensis seeds, which, if you know, is the common tea plant. I have always wanted to grow my own tea, but the plants themselves are a bit expensive. I didn't even think about looking for seeds! (I really want to grow Clemetines, too, but I'm not spending $75 for a four-foot tree. Although, I did have a seed in one of my Clementines yesterday, so I planted it. We'll see what happens.

Comments

Popular Posts