I might be scarce this weekend. I have a lot to get done, more stuff to pack, and it's going to be too nice outside to be cooped up in front of the computer any more than I have to be.

Update on house-stuff:

1. The auction is next Saturday. According to the contract we both signed, no one coming to the auction is allowed inside the house that day. According to the previous owner (PO), the auctioneer and her realtor have decided to leave the big bookcase and possibly a wardrobe in place. Um... people? Hello?! I have a call in the the auctioneer and my realtor, because dammit, while I'm willing to make a concession (like, put the wardrobe in the same room as the bookcase and shut off the rest of the house) I would really not like people traipsing around my house!

2. The auction is next Saturday. According to the PO, the tent will be in the backyard. I hope to hell they don't intend to park people in the front yard, because I will bitch. That's another thing I'm going to talk to my realtor about. However, If faced with a choice, I'd rather not have anyone in the house than risk messing up the front yard, which will be covered in snow for a while anyway and is easier to repair than my nice wood floors.

3. The PO, who just closed on her new house last Monday or Tuesday, doesn't have a definite date when she's allowed to move in to her new house because her PO isn't out yet and is looking for a place to rent. Which means I still don't know if November 30th is the date for me or not. Which wouldn't really be an issue if we're not trying to miss the snow already. (And yes, I'm aware it's only November 5. So I should just shut up and let things happen. Perhaps one day I'll take my own advice.)

4. So I'm starting to pack, but because I don't have a definite date, I'm not sure what all I should pack. I think I'm going to end up just assuming it will be around November 30th and just plan from there. I'm not packing clothes, for instance, until I know for sure.

5. The first craft show is next Friday and Saturday. Bekah's watching my booth when I go to the auction, which is good. I still have craft show stuff to do this weekend, though. I want to finish up everything by Sunday when I go to bed.

6. There is no 6 yet, thank goodness.

Comments

Popular Posts