As fate would have it, the candy worked just fine today. Perhaps it was the humidity--Dad said it was lower today. But I know one thing--it boiled higher than it did yesterday.

(I told one of Mom's friends at church to pray for me, because I was going to try it again today. Since she said she loves Kentucky Cream Candy, she'll get some too.)

The green is Kentucky Mint Cream Candy, or my version of After-Dinner Mints. My fingers and fingernails are green, too, thanks to the food coloring.

I ended up with 249 pieces of mint candy and 184 pieces of cream candy. Not too shabby!

It's creaming at the moment. And so far, both kinds are creaming just fine. If it's finished by tomorrow morning, I'll take some for my work holiday party.





And here is where we ended up putting the tree. It's securely tied to both pillars, and so far we've had no accidents or broken ornaments.

(Knock on wood.)

Comments

Popular Posts