Because my Dad just commented that it had to be a record that I hadn't posted all week long, I figured I should post just to make him happy. :)

Let's see.

Alphasmart is shipping me a new battery, since the dud now drains to half full overnight after being charged for 10 hours the day before. Thank you, Alphasmart! In the interim, I'm using regular batteries, which should last me until I get my new battery.

I have been brainstorming what to get Certain People for Christmas. I really, really, really need to go to Tuesday Morning. Soon. Like this weekend. Or maybe on my lunch break tomorrow. Hmm.

Yesterday on my lunch break I went to Goodwill and found an Elna Supermatic sewing machine for $20. After fiddling with it, I did manage to get it to work, but I have to wait until I get a manual so I can oil it up and see if I can make it work a bit better.

After much thought and contemplation, I have decided to merge the two most current versions of HD, because I really do like HD 5-05, which is already 54k, and HD 9-05 was just supposed to insert Sennet as the MC. I think it will work out fine. I've been rereading both over the past few days, and I will finish up the initial merge tonight. (And then go to bed early, because I'm tired.)

I am working on another bear at the moment that might end up being a Christmas present, but we'll see.

I am almost in the Christmas mood/spirit. It will help, I think, if I can get the quilt top done this weekend, and assemble it, perhaps, on Monday.

Since I'm obviously not working on The Seventh Secret, I have decided that Jan. 1-3 will be my three-day novel marathon for writing it. I'm aiming for 40-42k, so it should be doable. Anyone want to join me? I'm sure I'll be posting updates as the days go by. (I'm taking off two days and having a mini "vacation".)

Now, I have to go merge. So hopefully this is a good enough update. :)

Comments

Unknown said…
Congrats on finishing things! A January marathon sounds great--I don't think I can get away with joining you on the 1st, but I might do the 2nd-4th and overlap. :)

Popular Posts