Aha!

See, I've been meandering around with HD, getting further and further from the original version of the 'final' draft (which is not all bad, in truth) but this chapter I've been writing has just gone on too long.

I think I know what's wrong with it now.

If Gabriel had forbidden the Hounds their human shapes, but allowed Malachi to shift to go with Emle to see Sennet (I know, I'm probably losing you. Sorry. Thinking out loud here...) then I don't think he'd let the others all shift at once. I think he would punish Malachi (for reasons only I know right now (well, Malachi knows too, and Gabriel, of course, and the rest of the Hunt, but still) by forcing him to stay in human shape.

And the others might just hate him for it. (Malachi, that is.) And thus we create a certain sort of tension-filled drama that might just lead where I think the story should go. (Not that I know anything, mind you. I only write them. I have no control otherwise.)

Anyway. A thought.

Comments

Popular Posts