Ugh. Sick. I probably should have stayed home from the Christmas with my Dad's side of the family last night, but I didn't, and really it wasn't too bad. I just sat around feeling miserable, but I did get a cool stepstool/ladder in the adult gift exchange.

Got a Christmas tree, too. It's sitting on my side porch at the moment.

Today is my 1 year anniversary of actually being in the house! Since I spent most of the day holed up in bed (with various cats as foot warmers) I can't really say I celebrated, other than to raise a tissue as a toast and sneeze a lot.

It's a head cold, with a cough, which means it's really irritating and makes me not want to do anything at all, including eat or finish up Christmas presents. I'm still in my pj's if that tells you anything.

Unfortunately, there's another meeting I have to go to for work tomorrow. Unfortunately, I was supposed to do a presentation thingy at this meeting tomorrow, but I've already called my supervisor to beg off. We'll see if he gets my message in time. I just don't think I'll be of any use at all, but I'm still intending to attend the meeting.

We were supposed to bring dessert. Normally, I'd make something, but what with how I've been feeling all weekend long, I decided to opt out and take the Turtle Cheesecake that is languishing in my freezer. Odds are I wouldn't eat it for a while anyway, so I might as well put it to use.

I'm off Tuesday, so I'm hoping I feel better by then. I have Christmas shopping to do and Christmas presents to finish. I NEED TO GET RID OF THIS COLD!

Thankfully, I have a full box of lotion-drenched tissues. However, I do not have Halls Spearmint cough drops, because as usual, I can't find them anywhere. Hmm. Maybe I should look online? It would be very, very stupid if I had to get Spearmint cough drops online. Grrrrrr.

Comments

Popular Posts