Happy Thanksgiving!

This is, of course, my favorite holiday of the year. I get to eat good food with my wonderful family, and probably bring home turkey for the gang that they will turn up their noses at and proclaim loudly that they are not going to eat this strange stuff! (This part of the gang is not Mabel, of course; Mabel would eat anything if I let her.)

I am thankful, of course, for my family, especially Mom and Dad. I think I have the two most wonderful parents in the world. (And I know Dad will read this, so I'm telling the truth!)

I'm thankful for my house, and my garden (we're eating my sweet potatoes this year, of course) and my time. (As in, the time I have to spend doing the things I love to do.)

I'm thankful for my creative outlets--they help me stay sane in this nutty world of ours. I'm thankful that I have enough room to do pretty much what I want to do without having to sacrifice space for something else.

I'm thankful for the people who read the books I write, because without you, the stories would only live on in my imagination. And stories are meant to be read.

I'm thankful for the fact that I have a good job, with good pay, and I don't have to live paycheck to paycheck to make ends meet.

I'm thankful that I've been pretty healthy so far this year, and that my family has been pretty healthy so far this year. I really can't complain, compared to a lot of other people who are much, much worse off. But I can do better, of course!

I'm thankful for my gang. This includes, of course, Mabel, the cats: Chloe, Loki, Pooh, Zoey, and Misty (inside), Cleome, Hodge, Spike, and Ghost (outside), the hedgehog: Hildy, and the ball python: Vincent.

Yes, I guess I'm really feeding nine cats. Yikes!

I am making bread today, and sweet potato casserole. I should probably get going on the bread, and I have to do the dishes and eat breakfast too. I hope anyone who reads this has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular Posts