TV is so... I want to say old fashioned, but I'm not sure that's the right word. Yesterday? ;)

I thought I would watch a movie tonight while I crocheted a scarf and/or hat. But I couldn't decide what movie to watch, so I decided to watch Heroes, since Mom and Dad like it a lot.

This is the first time I've actually watched an actual television show in quite some time. Like, years.

And I saw, what, 20 minutes of actual show? I think the ads are even worse now than they've ever been. (Okay, maybe it was 25 minutes, but I doubt it.)

I want to write a letter to the networks and suggest that they put each week's episode on DVD so people like me can buy them and watch them at our leisure (kind of like a serial novel, see?) and then collect the whole set. And they could be limited editions and such. What do you think?

I think it's a great idea. But short of someone doing that, I can't say that I will be watching anything on TV for a long, long while. (I told Bekah while we were sitting there that this was obviously one of those shows that you can't just start watching in the middle and expect to understand everything. Although I did score with a bit of dialogue--"You have/had a sister." Ha.)

But I did finish the scarf, so that's good. I'll make the hat tomorrow. (It's very soft, black and white checks. Mostly acrylic, a tiny, tiny bit of wool.)

Comments

Popular Posts