TOMATOES!!!! was on my list of things to do today after I got back from Lawrenceburg. Unfortunately, I got back rather late, and then after unpacking the car, etc., I've only been able to fill my dehydrator up with halved small tomatoes (and a couple of large ones, just to see what happens) and put one tray of slow-roasted tomatoes in the oven. Hopefully they will be done and cooled off by the time I go to bed. Otherwise, I'm not sure what I'll do with them.

I didn't get any bread baked, but I may try out the timer feature of my bread machine, since I've never really used it before. It would be nice to wake up to fresh bread. Mmmm. At least I did get my laundry in. That should count for something.

I was supposed to get some branches from Dad to make more spoons, but I kind of ran out of time, so I'll have to get them later this week. And it doesn't look like I'll get out into the garden today, either. That's actually okay; I didn't have that many tomatoes ripening the last time I picked, and I'm going to give them all to Em to take to the farmer's markets anyway, since my kitchen table and part of my baking table are still full. Yikes!

But, I'm just about to go outside and check out a honey locust branch I spotted in my branch compost pile. So we'll see. Maybe I'll try out my new tools tonight after all. :)

I am working on a "What to do on my writing vacation list", too. But that will be another post.

Comments

Popular Posts