Okay, so an official post.

I started a new novel (at least I think it will be a novel) last night.

The main character's name is Zipporah Williams. Her enemies call her Whippoorwill. Or Zipporwill. (Honestly, I came up with the nickname first, and had to find a decent last name. My apologies to all the real-life Zipporah Williams' out there.)

My Zipporah Williams is ten years old. (I think.) Maybe a little older; I'm not sure quite yet. I think this will be set in the Beth-Hill mess; I'm getting a definite Darkbrook vibe from this at the moment, but we'll see. (After all, I only have what, five more Jacob Lane books to write?)

I'm also getting a bit of an Eri vibe, too, but I'm not sure about that. Eri could almost hold her own series. I mean, the eldest daughter of the Master of the Wild Hunt? Yeah, she could.

The new book doesn't have a title yet. The placeholder title is "Yellow for her flaxen hair" to go with the song. Here's the prologue, if you missed it yesterday. And the song.

Arlen's name might change, since it's the same name as a character in The Sixth Stone. But we'll see.

Comments

Grey said…
This is exciting!
Jennifer said…
Yeah! I'm having lots of fun with this so far.

Hey, do you want to read Transformation?

Popular Posts